Thursday, December 18, 2008

Making sense of tragedy


Above is a logo of a cause near and dear to my heart. For those of you who know me, you would not be surprised if I were to say, epilepsy. The logo is from my local epilepsy association, which I am president of.
Ever since I learned of my friend Glen taking his own life, I've been wondering how to bring some meaning to his death. How could I keep his death from being in vain? Well it did not take very long to find a way to honour his memory. As of 24 hours ago, I have established a Causes page on Facebook : Epilepsy - Break the isolation, promote inclusion .
In under a day, 10 people have joined me in this cause. At first thought you might think "that isn't a lot", but the fact is, it is a good start and it is only beginning! The best thing is that the message is being spread around as if it were a snowball effect. If you are on Facebook, I encourage you all to join my friends and I to help promote inclusion and help others to come out from the shadows and int the light.

Cheers to all,
Andre

No comments: