Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Little Alex

How would you deal when you find out your child has been diagnosed with a heart condition as a toddler? How would you deal with the fact that the very same child, now barely a teen, went in for an operation on his heart and is now in a coma?

Honestly, I have got to say that I haven't a clue as to how I would deal or react to a situation like that. I can tell you that it is happening to a father whom we kept his two boys during our first years of operating our daycare. I knew that little Alex, who is not so little anymore, had a heart condition, but somehow, this scenario never entered my mind. My wife and I are hoping and praying that he pulls through and comes out of his comatose state and recovers from this ordeal.

No child should go through what Alex is going through, no parent should go through the pain of saying a final farewell to his or her child.



You could pull me through
You could always pull me through
Even when I'm lying here
Drowning in my blues
You take the sting out of the rain
And bring the sun back up again
You could always pull me through

-
Jim Cuddy

No comments: